I find myself answering this question quite often while answering support cases. I would like to share this simple but overlooked feature.
CADmep has the ability to export CADmep items as an ESJ/MAJ file to be used with ESTmep or CAMduct.
Follow the steps below to create a ESJ/MAJ:
- Create or open an existing job within CADmep.
- There are two options to save the job as an ESJ/MAJ.
Using the Command Line
1. In the command line type CREATECAM
2. The command line prompts: Select Objects
- Type ALL or use any of the normal AutoCAD selection methods and confirm.
- The Save Job As dialogue is now displayed.
1. Name the file
2. Browse to the save location or use default save location
3. Select file type, MAJ or ESJ
4. Click Save
Using Context Menus
1. In your Autocad workspace, Shift+Right Click
2. Hover the mouse arrow over CADmep to expand the dialogue box
3. Hover the mouse arrow over CAM/Print
4. Left Click on CAM.
5. Follow the same steps from above starting with #2 – The command line prompts: Select Objects to complete this action.